Quality Assurance Tester
We’re looking for someone to manage the quality assurance process. You may come from a business analyst, product owner or QA background.
What we need from you
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or within similar role e.g BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Passionate about creating high quality products for our clients
- Experience of / appetite to develop expertise across a variety of tools and platforms, e.g Umbraco, Sitecore, Shopify, Figma, Jira, Confluence
- Experience of / appetite to develop expertise and own digital best practices for the agency to follow
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail - think like a developer, see/behave like a designer
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage workload across multiple projects at any one time
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is desirable but not essential
A typical day in this role might include
- Assisting with, reviewing and analysing functional specifications
- Writing acceptance criteria and test scripts
- Developing effective strategies and test plans
- Working with software developers & project support teams
- Executing test cases and analysing results
- Creating logs to document testing phases and defects
- Reporting bugs and errors to development teams
- Helping troubleshoot issues
- Conducting post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Evaluating product code according to specifications
- Working with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Creating documentation for end users
- Reviewing, researching and refining the agencies digital best practices
- Documenting and refining Yoyo’s testing process
- Working with the Delivery team to coordinate and meet project milestones & deliveries
What you can expect from us
- The opportunity to work with some great brands and exciting projects
- 25 days + time off at Christmas
- Annual profit-share scheme
- Company pension and life insurance
- Opportunities for flexible-working
- A culture of honesty, innovation and learning
- Monthly recognition and rewards
- Team social activities
- Initiatives around health and fitness e.g. individual fitbits, PT sessions, yoga
- Regular inspiration with conferences, TED talks and our own events
- Opportunities to have your voice heard on the future of the agency
A little about Yoyo
We love problems because we thrive in coming up with solutions. We are curious because knowledge is power. We are relentlessly upbeat because life’s too short to be grumpy all the time. We care because we’re nice people. We are respected by our clients because we understand their issues and add value to their business.
- Doing our best work: We want to have the tools, the time and the support to do our best work every time. Our environment matters. We care about where we work and making it the best it can be. We want to be fulfilled by interesting work that challenges us and has a purpose.
- One team. One Yoyo. We succeed together and fail together. We have a ‘leave no man or woman behind’ mentality. We’re all in this together, pulling in the same direction, working towards the same goals. We want to be accountable for our part in it. We solve problems using the creativity of the whole team. We want to build momentum and always be moving forwards.
- Having fun with each other. We want to enjoy each other’s company, build memories, share stories and laugh together. We stay positive and keep our sense of humour for those around us. We don’t take ourselves too seriously (but we absolutely do take our work seriously).
- A flexible approach. Life’s complicated, messy and ever-changing and work needs to work around that.
- Honesty and transparency. There are no secrets within the business. We have open and honest conversations with each other. We know that it takes courage to give honest feedback and courage to accept it and learn from it. The agency is an open book to everyone in the team, and the board is always available. We’re always finding ways to share info across the agency in the best way possible.
- Getting recognition. We want our work, our ability and our attitude to be recognised by our peers, by our managers and by our clients. We want to be rewarded for the value that we bring to the agency. If we go the extra mile, we want people to recognise this.
- Building strong partnerships. We invest time in building strong relationships with our clients, as we believe this is where the best work comes from. We can challenge our clients based on experience and insight, and they listen because we have gained their trust.
"Here at Yoyo, delivering the highest quality of work to our clients is everything. We obsess about our projects because we strive for exceptional results and an essential part of that is analysing, testing and retesting our work to ensure the end result is perfect - aesthetically and functionally."
Hannah Smith – Head of Delivery