Sitecore: driving customer engagement though marketing automation
Sitecore is one of the leading enterprise-level content management systems built on ASP.NET, enabling web content editors and marketers to have full control over all aspects of their website from social integration and blog posts to advanced personalisation and e-commerce.
We are a Certified Sitecore Implementation Partner, this means that we are experienced at implementing the Sitecore Experience Platform (XP) for our clients and have an in-house team of Certified Sitecore Developers on hand to create a highly engaging website backed by an award-winning content management system.
What is Sitecore?
Sitecore is an Enterprise-grade content management system and suite of digital marketing tools, combined. It is an application framework that websites are built on top of, rather than an out of the box solution which can be themed. As such, there is usually a significant amount of technical development needed to deliver any size of Sitecore website. That coupled with the fact it requires multiple back end databases and a sophisticated hosting infrastructure to support it, it's wise to choose a Certified Sitecore Implementation Partner that you trust when considering becoming a Sitecore customer.
Why choose Sitecore?
The real power of Sitecore lies in its suite of digital marketing tools - the Sitecore Experience Database (xDB).
Integrating seamlessly with the core Sitecore content management system, the xDB provides the ability to gather and act upon data in real time based on the explicit behaviour and implicit predictive nature of your online audience, delivering a highly personal, consistent and meaningful experience for your customers as they interact with your brand across multiple channels, include desktop, mobile and email.
Some of the key features of the Sitecore xDB include:
- Content personalisation
- Marketing automation
- Visitor identification & segmentation
- Advanced analytics
- Engagement plans & campaigns
- Content, A/B and multivariate testing
The tangible benefits of these features are that:
- You have all your customer behaviour and profile data in one place
- You can connect Sitecore to your existing CRM or ERP to collect and share even richer data
- You can use the customer data you’ve collected to deliver consistent and connected customer experiences across all your communication channels
- You can access real time analytics to query and report on all the data that you’ve collected
- You can personalise the content a visitor sees in real-time based on their past, present and likely future behaviour
- You will have a single customer view of each individual online visitor
Yoyo and Sitecore
We typically structure our content in terms of atomic and molecular UI components, providing you with the building blocks to create your own modular content pages as you see fit, rather than relying on highly structured and inflexible page templates based on fixed wireframes.
There are always exceptions to this rule though and some content pages such as highly functional pages (e.g. search results, contact us, login, etc.) can be more prescriptive and locked down in terms of what content can be added to it in certain places on the page. You will always have a say in how flexible each page template needs to be though, based on your needs today and in the future.
Sitecore Case Study: RNLI
How Yoyo can help you move to Sitecore
There are 2 ways to move your website over to Sitecore:
1. A complete rebuild of your website business logic from scratch
2. Migrate your existing legacy ASP.NET based code over to Sitecore for reuse
Which one you choose will depend largely on what technology your existing website is built in, as well as how portable your existing business rules and services are, as they reside within your code.
Enquire about Sitecore
Please use the form below to get in touch to enquire about what Sitecore services Yoyo can help support you with going forward, including:
- Design, development and consultancy services
- Migrating your existing site to Sitecore
- Capability of Sitecore and future proofing
- Content personalisation, marketing automation and other Sitecore xDB capability